How to Reset Mi Phone – Hello Friends, do you want to reset your Mi Phone? If Yes, then it can be a good decision for you. One of the main features of Resetting your device is to make it secure and erase your private files from your devices. As if you reset your Phone, then your data including private data will be fully removed and no one will be able to recover it.
I am sure that most of the persons will be facing some problems while resetting their Mi Phone. I also know, you are one of them. So to solve all of your problems, here in this article I am going to discuss some steps on How to Reset Mi Phone.
So if you are interested then make sure you read this full article and make a sweet comment below, as it will motivate us to do more content generation for you. Now let’s begin today’s How to Reset Mi Phone –
What you need to know before knowing that how to format mi phone?
There are a lot of things that you should remember before formating your Mi Phone. Some of the important things are discussed below:
- Backup Your Mi Phone – The Most important thing that you need to remember is to backup it. As after resetting your mi phone, there will be no previsious data available with you either it is any Important Images, Videos, Files, Audio Clips, Mobile Recordings, documents or any other important file. So aways remember to make a backup of your Phone before resetting to save your important files. (Steps to backup your mi phone are discussed below)
- Save Your Contact Numbers – Now the second important thing that you should remember before reseting your device is to save your Contact Numbers. As after a sucessfull reset you will lost all your Numbers saved in your device. So if you have any important contact then you can save it by sending or transferring to another phone or by noting to down on any Notebook or diary.
- Remember Your Google id & Password – Google id and Password is also one of the important thing that you should always keep in mind before reseting your device. As your Google id has a lot of your’s important data like the important mails in Gmail and more. So remember to Save your Google id & Password.
These were the three important things that you should remember before resetting your Mi Phone. So now, we should focus on the second important thing that is to backup your mi phone under How to Reset Mi Phone without losing data.
Backup your Mi Phone
Overview – How to Reset Mi Phone
How to Reset Mi Phone? 3 ways
There are some ways to factory reset or hard reset your Mi Phone. But in this article, we are going to discuss 3 different ways through which you can easily reset your mi Phone.
These 3 different methods are to be used in the different-different situations. As if your phone is locked then you can follow the 1st method. If your phone is unlocked then you can follow the 2nd method and if you had listed your Mi phone and want to reset it then you can follow the 3rd method.
How to reset mi phone when locked?
This is one of the easiest working methods to reset an android phone. The Recovery method is mostly used by persons who forgot their phone lock and want to bypass their phone lock. In this method, you need to Switch off your phone and use the side keys to reset it. As you can’t use the phone setting to reset your Mi Phone due to Screen lock Password being forgotten.
By this method, you can easily bypass your phone lock but remember your all previous data will be removed & you will not able to access it.
Follow the below-given steps to know how to reset MI phone password using recovery mode:-
Remember – Use Power Button to Select and use Volume up and down button to up and down the selecting.
- Step 1 – Power Off your Mi Phone by long pressing the power button on your Mi Phone.
- Step 2 – After the Sucessfull power Off, press Power Button and volume up button at a time untill the Mi logo appear on your screen.
- Step 3 – After the mi logo appear on your screen, relase the power button (Don’t remove pressing the volume up button)
- Step 4 – Now your will see the Recovery mode screen. Here you can release the volume up button.
- Step 5 – Here you will see three options – Reboot, Wipe Data, Connect with Mi Assistant.
- Setp 6 – Press the Volume Down Button to select the Wipe Data option.
- Step 7 – On reaching the Wipe Data option, press the Power Button to select it.
- Step 8 – Here you will see 2 options – Wipe out Data and Back to Mail Menu.
- Step 9 – Select the Wipe out Data option by Pressing the Power button.
- Step 10 – Here you will see 2 options – Cancel & Confirm.
- Step 11 – Use the Volume down button and select the Confirm Button and Presse the Power Button.
- Step 12 – Now your Mi Phone Resett Process will begin.
- Step 13 – After the Sucessfull Reset, you will see 1 opton on your screen i.e., Back to Main Menu
- Step 14 – Select it by Pressing the Power Button.
- Step 15 – After Reaching the Main Menu, there again you will see 3 options that are Reboot, Wipe out Data & Connect with Mi Assistant.
- Step 16 – Select the Reboot Option by pressing the Power button.
- Step 17 – Your Phone will be Reboot and Reset.
After the Successful Reset, you will see a welcome page on your Screen, continue it and select & enter the required details like Country, Google Mail id, and Password.
So these were all steps that you need to follow under how to reset the MI phone by using the power button.
Now if you know your Mi phone password and want to reset it by using the setting then you can follow the 2nd way –
How to Reset Mi Phone Using Mi Phone’s Settings
This Method of Resetting is commonly used when the user wants to switch his or her old phone to a new one or when the phone Is not working properly.
Remember that to use this method you need your phone’s passwords as you need to visit the settings of your phone.
So, follow this method to reset your phone using its android settings.
Follow the below-given procedure to know how to Format MI Phone using phone setting:-
- Step 1 – Open your Mi/Xiaomi/Redmi Phone’s Settings.
- Step 2 – In the Settings, you will see a About Phone option on the Top, or if not visible you can search in the search bar for the additional settings or about phone.
- Step 3 – Here, you need to scrool down and click on the Backup & Reset Option.
- Step 4 – Now, scrool down to the bottom and there you will see Erase al data (Factory Reset) option. Click on it.
- Step 5 – Click on the Below Reset Button.
- Step 6 – Here you needs to wait for just 10 seconds & after 10 seconds you need to click on Continue Button.
- Step 7 – Now your Mi Phones Resetting Process will begin. Remember it will take a few minutes, so don’t be stressed.
- Step 8 – After the Sucessfull Reset, your phone will turn back on and on the Phone’s screen. You will see a Welcome Screen.
- Step 9 – Here select your Country and Language and your Phone is Ready to Use.
These were all the steps for How to Reset Mi Phone using the Phone’s Settings. This method is capable of every Redmi, Mi, or Xiaomi Device. This means that you can use these steps to reset any Mi Phone.
Short Recap – Using factory data reset option:
- Step 1. Go to “Settings” > “About Phone” > “Backup & Reset” > “Factory Data Reset”
- Step 2. Here, you can decide if you want to delete the downloaded apps and stored content.
How to Hard Reset mi phone using a Google account?
This method is used when the user has posted his or her mi phone. In which he or she can reset his phone just by using his or her Pc or Laptop.
If you had lost your phone then you can use this method. Remember for this method you need a Google Account id and Password which is logged in your lost device and a Personal Computer or Laptop (You can also use Public Computer, but remember to use the incognito Mode, to protect your data).
Follow the below points to know how to Reset mi phone using Google Find my device:-
- Step 1 – Turn on your Pc or Laptop
- Step 2 – Open any Browser (Safari, Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Duck Duck Go or any other)
- Step 3 – Search for Googe Find My Device
- Step 4 – Visit the Official Google’s Website for Find My Device
- Step 5 – It will Redirect you to Login Page.
- Step 6 – Enter your Google id & Password which was logged in your Lost Device
- Step 7 – After Sucessfull login, you will be redirected to back
- Step 8 – Here you need to Select your Device
- Step 9 – Now you will see 3 options – Play Sound, Secure Device & Erase Device
- Step 10 – Click on the Third Option that is Erase Data
- Step 11 – It will ask your Google id password, Enter it.
- Step 12 – Click Erase Now and Your Mi Phone’s data will be hard reset.
By, this way you can easily reset your Mi Phone’s Data without touching your phone. So these were all the steps under How to Reset Mi Phone by Google Account.
Also Check out – Related Posts
Now Coming to some Frequently Asked Questions –
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I unlock my mi phone if I forgot my password?
If you had forgotten your Mi Phone’s lock screen password. Then you don’t need to worry as there are a variety of ways available to unlock your Mi Phone.
One of the ways that you can follow to unlock your Mi Phone without the password is to Hard Reset it. To Hard Reset your Mi Phone you can follow the above-mentioned steps.
Remember that by using the hard reset method all your Mi phone’s Previous data will be erased and you would not be able to access it.
How to Reset Mi Phone through Settings?
To Reset your Mi Phone Through the Setting follows these steps – Go to Your Mi Phone’s “Backup & Reset” > “Factory Data Reset” > Here you need to wait for 10 seconds and after that click on “Reset Now” and your Mi Phone reset request will begin.
Will all data be erased after resetting MI Phone?
Yes, if you reset your Mi Phone it will erase all the existing data from your Phone. As the Meaning or Factory Reset or hard reset is to wipe out all the existing data for a device.
If you don’t want to lose your important data, then you can backup it and after backup your Important file like Images, Videos, Audio Files, Documents then you can reset your Phone.
How to reboot mi phone?
If you are wishing to reboot your mi phone then follow the below steps –
Long press the Power Button on your Mi Phone >> 4 Options will appear on your screen – Aeroplane Mode, Silent, Reboot & Reset > Click on the Reboot Button > Now again Click on the Reboot button.
After Click on Reboot Button, your phone will start a Reboot, which means that your Mi Phone Will first Switch off and auto
How to reset mi phone without mi account?
If you want to reset your mi phone without your mi account then you can try to follow the Factory Reset method that is discussed above.
Conclusion on resetting any mi Xiaomi smartphone
We, hope that you liked our today’s article that is How to Reset Mi Phone using a variety of methods. We have discussed 3 step by step guides that you can follow and reset your mi phone. You can choose any of the above methods to use as per your condition.
If you liked today’s article (How to Reset Mi Phone) then make sure to post a sweet comment. But if you have any questions related to How+to+Reset+Mi+Phone then you can comment below with your question and our team will try to help you out within 24 hours.